Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hello, My Name Is Mama





Liam has had a cold for the past week and I think rather than sitting in and waiting for it to go away my solution is to unconsciously wipe his nose every minute and keep going because if we stop we might have time to catch a breath and admit he has a cold. I hate used to hate going out to the stores and seeing snotty nosed kids poking around in the produce isle but lately my standards are slowing dropping. I now feel for the mom toting around a cold stricken kid at the grocery not because the child is sick (yes,yes, I feel sorry for the child too) but because I know that mom was probably up all night staring at the monitor making sure they didn't have a coughing fit and/or has had that child hanging from their pants whining all day and still has to go home and make dinner. I think we rarely ever give ourselves credit. WE DO A LOT. I just heard that the average stay at home mom works about 95 hours a week and I completely believe that. When is the last time you just turned yourself off?! Even when you do go out on a girls night, you know that at one point you are secretly in the bathroom stall texting the hubby to see how the homestead is hanging on. They created Mother's day for a reason and it's about time we give ourselves some credit!Take time to get that pedi you have been dreaming about! You deserve it! Have a glass of wine...hell, have two! (or in my case 3 ;)) So cheers to all of the mama's out there. This is your week! Celebrate it! You earned it!!




1 comment: